As a paediatrician in the area for over 35 years I know how important our health care system is to keeping our community healthy and well.
Our health care system is full of hardworking nurses, doctors, and health care professionals who do an amazing job under incredible pressure.
I also know that our hospitals are understaffed and overworked.
- Patients are waiting longer than ever for the care they need
- More than 50% of public hospital doctors are working unsafe hours
- Only 66% of urgent emergency department patients in 2016-17 were seen within the recommended 30 minutesMalcolm Turnbull is cutting funding to every public hospital across Australia, with:
- $22.44 million cut from the South West Sydney Local Health District from 2017-2020
- $3.35 million cut from Campbelltown Hospital from 2017-2020
- Removing co-located after hours GP service from Campbelltown and Liverpool HospitalsI am calling on the government to reverse their savage cuts, and to fix our hospitals.
I need your help to ensure our voice is heard!