I am pleased to announce that expressions of interest from Macarthur-based community organisations and groups are now open for the Stronger Communities Programme. These grants are valued between $2,500 and $20,000 for a total of 20 projects in Macarthur.
Funds can be for up to 100% of eligible project costs, except for Local Government Bodies whose funding can be up to 50% of eligible funding costs. LGA's will be required to provide matched funding contributions towards their eligible project.
The following entities are eligible to apply:
- local government bodies,
- incorporated not-for-profit organisations,
- incorporated trustees on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property,
- a Commonwealth, state or territory government agency or entity that is a fire service, rural fire service, country fire authority, state emergency service or similar.
All applicants must submit their expressions of interest (EOI's) to my office by Monday, 29th November 2021.
For example, past successful Macarthur applications have used this grant to:
- Fund training and safety equipment for sporting clubs,
- Purchase equipment, such as a vehicle, for front-line homelessness services,
- Refurbish the entrance area at Campbelltown Library to be more modern and allow visitors to sit,
- Deliver upgrades to local sporting fields, and
- Upgrade mobility entrances and outdoor learning areas at community facilities.
These are just some examples, and I encourage all to apply and submit an EOI.
These EOI's are then assessed through a community consultation committee, with 20 of these then being submitted for final assessment before funding is then provided to successful applicants.
I encourage everyone interested in applying to please review the guidelines and requirements here: Stronger Communities Programme – Round 7 | business.gov.au.
Please do not hesitate to contact my office on (02) 4620 0293 or [email protected] should you have any further queries as I am happy to assist.
Dr Mike Freelander MP
Federal Member for Macarthur